Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Quito Week 3

Dear Fam and Friends,

Great to hear how everyone is doing! I'm glad it sounds like you all had an awesome Thanksgiving with the family and friends. I hope Uncle Stu didn't go too crazy with his Black Friday shopping haha. And I'm glad Grandpa is recovering! He sent me a quick email this week and it was great to hear from him. And Jessie sent me an email too which was awesome! I'm glad she really enjoyed Thanksgiving.

Well now I have passed the first big holiday in the mission, Thanksgiving. It was actually probably the hardest week I've had so far in the mission. I made it through though. We haven't been having very much success here which has been a little discouraging, but I have faith that the Lord will bless us and that we will find people. They're out there waiting, we just have to find them and I know the Lord will guide our steps this week and we will find someone who will want to listen.
As for Thanksgiving day itself, I feel like I have a pretty funny story. While everyone in the good old U.S. was enjoying a giant meal, my companion and I fasted. Yup. I didn't eat a thing for Thanksgiving that day. I actually had completely forgot that that day was Thanksgiving and my companion and I had decided to fast for help in our sector. I feel like it is kind of a funny story.

Oh and one thing that I don't like at all is that our shower is broken. I don't know if I've told you this before, but the houses here in Quito have something to heat the water because it's really cold, but ours is broken. It's like I'm bathing in ice water every morning. And it wasn't bad in Esmeraldas because there you get out of the shower and it's hot. But here, I get out of the shower and I can see my breath. I think it gets me sick every morning. We've called the offices for someone to come fix it so hopefully they do soon, but they haven't come for 3 weeks now so maybe not haha.

Oh and I want to say thanks again for the package! I didn't get a chance to open it before I sent the email last week so I wasn't sure what was inside. Thanks a ton for the pants! They are awesome haha. And thanks for all the treats too! Make sure and tell Ben I love the Mickey snacks. And I got a letter from Grandma Johnson today! Thanks a ton to her and its great to know that they are doing well.

Well that's about all I have for this week. I know that the Lord is looking out for me and that even though my companion and I had a tough week that we are still working hard and I know the Lord will bless us and that we are going to find people. I really am soo grateful to be a missionary and I love being out here even through the hard times. I really have learned so much, especially from times like this last week. I know this is where Ii'm supposed to be and I'm soo grateful to everyone for your prayers and letters! Love and miss you all soo much!

Love,
Elder Joshua Lee

P.S. Other ideas for Christmas are the Michael Buble Christmas CD and other Christmas music. Or if possible maybe you could send me some of the Christmas music through an email. That'd be awesome!
P.P.S. So I bought a guitar this week to learn in my free time haha. If maybe you could send me like an attatchment from online showing the guitar chords and how to play them that'd be sweet. I know some, but I'd like to have some more. And maybe if someone could like chose some cool songs with guitars and send me the chords and lyrics through an email that be awesome! Love you soo much mom and thanks for everything you do for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment