Monday, November 19, 2012

Quito Week 2

Dear Family and Friends,

Alright so I'm trying to send emails on two pages now so I hope it works. I have firefox opened sending pictures and I'm trying to send an email from internet explorer so my email won't be as scattered this week like last week, so I hope it works!

Anyways, it's soo great to hear how the family is doing! I'm glad everything sounds like it's going well down there. And thanks soo much to  all of the for the letters! They meant a ton to me!

And let Stacey know that I hope she feels better! And Grandpa too. I'll keep them both in my prayers. And let Grandpa know that if he can send me an email I'd love to send him something every once in a while to let him know how I'm doing.

Well a LOT happened this week.It was a pretty awesome week. As you can probably see from some of the pictures, on Saturday we did a service for a family here called the Family Pepinòs. They have kids living in the U.S. right now so they are familiar with U.S. traditions like Thanksgiving! So after the service we had a big Thanksgiving dinner with all the missionaries in our zone. It was a little early, but it was still a ton of fun!

Then today, we actually did an activity as a zone besides play soccer!! whoo!!! haha. Today we went to a place called Teleferico (i think that's how you spell it). We went up this ski lift thing to the top of a mountain just outside of Quito. I don't know exactly how high we were,but it was way dang high! We were litterally in the clouds. At one point I could barely see two Elders who were about 20 yards ahead of us it was soo cloudy or foggy or whatever you wanna call  it. It was a ton of fun though. I really love the elders and hermanas in my zone. They are soo awesome! I feel like we are really united as a zone here which I think helps a lot with keeping all of us focused, happy, and working hard.

Well I had a ton more to say, but I can't remember it all and I'm running out of time! I'll just finish with things cost soo cheap here. You can buy 3 banannas (sp? Sorry I can't spell that well in english anymore haha) for 10 cents!! And like twenty oranges for 1 dollar! A lot of things are way cheap here! But if it's anything from the U.S. it's usually more expensive. And I'm thinking about either buying a small guitar or a ukelele and learning to play a bit on my P'days or something. I just got to find the place to buy one haha.

Oh and I hope you all enjoy the pictures! I have a ton more, but that's all I have time to send today so hopefully next week or in the next few I can send some more!

Well thanks soo much for everything! Oh and I got the letters today from Jake, Jessie, Ben and Bree as well as the package mom! Thanks soo much! And letters from Eden and Brandon, finally, which were sent like 2 months ago and finally got here. I'll try and write back as soon as I can. But thanks soo much for the letters and the prayers. They mean the world to me! And I really do know that this church is true, and even though we are having a bit of a tough time right now finding investigators who want to listen and progress, I know that there are people out there that the Lord has prepared for us and we just have to find them. I love you all and miss you soo much and I just love being out here being a missionary in Quito Ecuador!!

Love,

Elder Joshua Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment