Monday, February 3, 2014

Empanadas de Verde

Dear Family and Friends,

 
Have a great time at the Gilbert Temple Open House with the whole family! I'm way excited to get a chance to finally go through the temple again. 

Things are going well here in Ecuador. The success we have been having has calmed down a little bit. We have been struggling to find new investigators recently. There are a lot of people here willing to listen, but sometimes it is difficult to help them progress. We have found people who aren't willing to go to church or who aren't married and things like that. But I have faith that the Lord is going to help us find some new people to teach soon.
 
I'm going to send some pictures home this week. The first one is of a giant pig outside the house of one of our investigators. It is enormous. You can kind of tell in the picture, but it's even bigger than it looks.
 
The other pictures are of when we went to a members house and made Empanadas de Verde. They are Empanadas made from a green banana called verde. Hey and I want you to do me a favor. If you could send dad or someone to find a little Mexican market or something and see if there is verde there. If there is, I have learned to cook a little bit with verde so I'll make some stuff so you can try it out when I get home. But it's not like the normal banana just so you know. It's a different kind of banana that's green. I've also learned to cook a bit more here in the mission. I've learned to cook noodles. And that's about it. Not a lot. I still have a lot to learn haha. I just feel mostly lost in the kitchen.

But I think that's about it for this week. It's rained a bit and my companion and I have gotten a bit wet, but nothing else. Life is normal here. Time is flying by though. I can't believe that Alli already gets home in like 2 weeks.... Wow... Crazy stuff. Talk to you next week!

Love,
 
Elder Joshua Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment