Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy Birthday Elder Lee!!

Dear Family and Friends,

Thanks soo much for the birthday wishes!! I really did have a great one here in Ecuador. The members and the families here made it special. And I'm glad life is moving along like normal there at home. Keep up the golf playing mom! You'll probably be able to beat me when I get home.

Well like I said, it was a good birthday week. We had a couple families that made it nice. First, was a family of converts that my companion and I had, The Burgos family. They are very poor, and yet they made us dinner and bought me a present and a cake for my birthday. I was very humbled by it and very grateful for them. Pictures of this event will be forth coming. And you will be able to see their house as well. Very humble circumstances, but a very amazing family.
 
Then, the next day we went to our mamitas house (the person who gives us lunch) and she and her son who is a returned missionary made us an awesome dinner! It was pretty Ecuadorian, but I loved it. It was chicken with rice and a little salad and patacones which are something made from verde. And then they brought out cake and icecream. I love the members here. They are too cool.

So that made it a good week already, but it got better. This week a member gave us a referal in a pueblito or a little village that is like an hour from our sector. Well the first pueblo is like an hour from our sector in a bus and then we had to walk to another pueblo which took about 30 minutes. So in total its like an hour and a half from our house. But it is way cool. It's this place called San Jacinto and it's beautiful there. Everything is like very green and there are rivers and other cool stuff. It almost has like a jungle feel. So I'm sending some pictures from our trip there. And the description of what is happening will come with the pictures.
 
Oh and I will be sending home a picture of when we ate something called Tapado. Its like a soupish thing of verde and with a big old fish with head and everything there. I liked it a lot!
 
So, this month in the mission we've started a special activity. It's called "La fe de febrero trae el milagro de marzo". Or in english, The faith of February brings the miracle of March. So we've decided to do some sacrifices in our lives to try and see miracles in our mission. For example, as a mission we are sacrificing all music (even the MoTab and that stuff) and zone activities. They are things which aren't bad, but we are making sacrifices to see something better. I have personally decided to make the sacrifice of playing the guitar along with some other things. I know we are going to be able to see miracles in our missions. And the goal of all this is that every missionary can baptized a family in the month of March and reactivate a family as well.
 
We have just started this process last week and I have already been able to see miracles. Story: This whole week my companion and I have been trying to find people to teach and it's been a bit tougher. We have been talking to a lot of people on the street and trying to work with the members, but we were unable to find many people. So Saturday night came around and we were only planning on having like 3 investigators in church. So I said a really heartfelt prayer that night asking that the Lord would provide a way for some people to show up to church and for us to teach them. And He pulled through. We got to church the next day and within the first minute of being in the building a member came up to me and said that he had brought some friends with him to church and wanted us to meet them. We were able to talk to them and teach them after church and they really enjoyed it. It was an answer to my prayers and a miracle for me in the mission. I know that God does answer our prayers and that if we have faith and works and obedience to God's commandments and even with some sacrifice, we can see many miracles in our lives.
 
So that was my week. A pretty good birthday week if I do say so myself. Life is going very well in Ecuador and I am enjoying it. The only bad thing is that because of the humidity my clothes get kind of moldy at times. But I wash them often so don't worry haha. Love you all soo much! Have an amazing week. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!!!!!!!!!

Con Amor,
 
Elder Joshua Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment