Monday, May 5, 2014

A Jimmy-rigged Water System and Praying for Rain

Dear Family and Friends,

I love the picture of Ben mom. That is just super cute. Everyone just looks so much older and bigger now. I guess I'll be seeing you on Skype next week so I'll be able to tell better. I don't know if I'm prepared to hear Jacob's voice again though. Tell him to talk in a high voice so it sounds normal haha.

Things are going well here in Ecuador. I can't believe how fast time has flown either. Less than a month left. It still hasn't hit me yet. I still feel like the mission is never gonna end. I am getting a little more anxious though. I don't feel ready to come home yet. But I'm sure I'll get adjusted quickly. I hope so at least.

It was a good week. Not a lot happened. We have a jimmy-rigged water system now. The landlords of the house hooked up a tube that collects rain water into the water tank on our house. So now I'm just praying every day that it rains a lot. Because we are just living on rain water now. Thankfully it has rained these last couple days and I have been able to shower normally and not use buckets now. So things are looking brighter in that area.

It still amazes me how willing and ready are the people here to accept the gospel. The other day my companion and I were walking home at like 8:30 at night when a guy pulled up in his truck. He called us over and said that he had listened to the missionaries before and really liked it and wanted to talk to us more. It was Saturday night so I talked to him a bit and invited him and his wife to church the next day. I didn't think much more about it. Then the next day at church, he showed up with his wife and his 7 year old son. I was way surprised. But he stayed the whole time at church and really loved it. Sadly, he doesn't live in our sector, so we sent the other missionaries to his house and they taught him and he and his wife accepted a baptismal date! The people really are prepared here. I'm gonna miss that when I have to go home. The Ecuadorian people are amazing.

SO, I don't have a lot of other news. I'm gonna try and send some pictures home. We made tacos with a dope family here. And they gave us this thing to eat called Tapado a Recho. It's like a soup with all kinds of meat in it. The meat was definitely not all the way cooked though. And I was afraid I was going to get deathly ill, but thankfully nothing has happened to me yet. Life is good. Love you all a ton! See you next week!! WHOO!!!

Con Amor,

Elder Joshua Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment