Monday, May 19, 2014

The Tsachilas' and More Baptisms

Dear Family and Friends,

Things are going super-de-duper here in Ecuador!! It was a dope week.

So to start off, I had just had a false alarm about the Familia Zambrano last week. I think that was the best part of my week this week. We went by their house on Tuesday and Sister Zambrano said that she had just been having a bad week and had been having some tough trials in her week that week. But that she wasn't going to let Satan get the best of her and that she was going to keep pushing forward in the gospel. That made me way way happy!!! And they went to church this Sunday. So the family is doing better.

We also had some baptisms this week! Whoo!! There was a guy here who got baptized in the city of Guayaquil like a couple months ago and we have started teaching his family and some of them got baptized on Saturday! Whoo!! So that was dope. We are also hoping to baptize his wife and a couple other of his kids here soon. I love baptisms!

And today we went to see the Tsachilas. They are like the native people here of Santo Domingo. They taught us some of their rituals and danced and I bought a bunch of like trinkets to bring home. So that was cool. I'll send some pictures.

And yeah that was my week. I still feel like the mission is never going to end. And it's hard to believe that in 2 weeks I'll be hanging with the fam bam again!! Whoo!!! Love ya mommy!! And see you soon!!!

Love,

Elder Joshua Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment