Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Quito Week 17

Dear Fam and Friends!!

It's great to hear how well everyone is doing!! I always love hearing the stories of the mischief that Ben gets into. It sounds like he is a lot of fun. And that's sooo awesome Nate got to go through the temple!! That is one thing I miss a ton being out here in the mission. There's no temple here. Ahh.... but not too much longer and I'll be able to go to the temple again. 

And talking about that, time really flies by here on the mission. I feel like I wake up the next day and a week or a month has already gone by. It's starting to scare me a little. I'm not ready to go back yet and start my life. Hopefully the time can pass by a little more slowly. But I really love being a missionary so much. This week was awesome because yesterday we had our stake conference here in Chillogallo (that's the stake I'm in) and a member of the 70, Elder Cornish came and talked to us. And he gave an awesome talk about how the truth is only one thing, no matter how many people say it is something else. It was awesome. Also, we have an investigator who has been waiting to get baptized for like 3 months, but had some problems with her papers to get married, but they finally came through!!!! Whoo!!! So she'll be getting baptized this week and it's gonna be awesome!!! I'm so excited because she and her family are freaking awesome and it's about time she can get baptized. 

Oh and I love my sector a ton. Even though it's in the middle of Quito and it's tough to find people sometimes, the members here are amazing and the investigators we have right now are awesome too. And the Lord has blessed us so much these last few weeks with new investigators. I don't know if I said this last week, but investigators are just coming from everywhere right now. All of a sudden we are getting references from all the members and people are letting us in to teach them. I feel like all these blessings have really come from a few months of hard work in this sector. I think the Lord just wanted us to go as far as we could go and do all we could do before the blessings came.

But yeah, just keep up all the good work at home. I really love you all soo much and miss you all a ton. I think that might be the only reason I'll want to come home at the end of my mission because it really is so awesome being out here. I wouldn't want to be doing anything else with my life right now because I have been happier than I ever have in my life being a missionary. And I think that's weird sometimes because the mission can be tough too, but when the blessings come and I can see the change the Gospel really makes in people's lives, it makes all the tough times worth it. I miss you all a ton and I'll be sure and send some pictures next week!! 

Elder Joshua LEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment