Monday, June 17, 2013

Guinea Pig for Dinner and Missionary "Rest" Time

Hey Fam!

Thanks for the email mom! It sounds like the family is doing really well! And I love the pictures hahaha. They made me laugh. And I'm glad you had a great birthday mom! I'll be there for the next one! So enjoy it without me while you can haha. And a happy Father's Day to dad! They do celebrate Father's day here in Ecuador. And mothers day and kids day and all sorts of stuff like that.

So I finally found a computer that lets me upload pictures! whoo!! So hopefully I am going to send a bunch. Here are a couple from some services we did this week. We almost did a service like everyday this week. I'm dead tired from all of it. We helped finish building a concrete wall and dug out a big old part of a hill and lots of stuff like that. but its fun. It's how we ¨rest¨ as missionaries. Not much rest but its our missionary rest haha.

I also ate Cuy or Guinea Pig for the second time this week. It was a lot better the second time. I told my companion about the first time I ate Cuy and he told me that I ate an intestine that the family had missed and was still in my Cuy and probably filled with excrement and all that gross stuff. I'm just glad he told me that like a month after I had already eaten it. I'll send another picture of the Cuy.

So my new big fear as a missionary is something I've never thought about or really feared in my life. It's called male pattern baldness. And it really frightens me. Every time I look in the mirror it looks like my hairline is higher up. It's not too bad, but it does scare me quite a bit. It probably doesn't help that dad's hair is lacking a little. Don 't tell him that hahaha. 

Well that's about it for this week. I got the package you sent mom! Thanks sooo much!! Sadly the shampoo exploded and kinda ruined the pictures and the letters, but I'm going to try and clean them up. Love you sooo much and thanks for everything!

Love,

Elder JoshyLEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment