Monday, November 11, 2013

Drunks and Investigators

Dear Fam and Friends,

Well life is all good here. I'm actually really loving it in my new sector. I'm just on the other side of Ambato, but the new ward I'm in is great! The members are really awesome and are really trying to help in missionary work. They have given us a TON of referals this week and we have a lot of good investigators. This sector is really sweet. And Elder Russell is a great companion. Another gringo homie and we have a good time and are trying to work hard. The zone is struggling a little bit, but we're just getting started in our new zone so we are going to have more success down the road. 

In this week we've had some funny experiences. We had a drunk guy contact us in the street and he wanted us to go to his house. So we started following him and he straight up started running to his house. So we had to do the same to keep up and finally we got to his house and he started telling us this story about how he was in the war and he started acting it out and it was a really funny experience. 

We also met another drunk guy in front of the chapel who said he wanted help in his life and he wanted us to say a prayer with him, so he knelt down in the middle of the sidewalk by a main street and so we knelt down with him and started saying a prayer. That was pretty funny too. 

But like I said we have been really blessed this week. We have found a lot of new investigators and they are progressing really well. I'm way happy in my sector. Our house really is something. I'll take a picture next time so you can all see, but it's like the house from the movie I Am Legend with Wil Smith. There are big metal like curtains that cover the door and the windows and when we leave the house or go to bed at night we shut up all the curtains like we are preparing for a zombie invasion or something. It's quite someting. But I'll have pictures for next time. Oh and I'm going to send pictures of our baptism last week with my old companion. 

Umm so I think that's all I've got to say. Life is good. I hope you enjoy the email a bit more this week. Hopefully we have another sweet week so I can write more cool stuff. Love you all sooo much and thanks for everything!!!

Love,

Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment