Monday, January 20, 2014

Focus on the Families

Dear Family and Friends,

Sounds like things are pretty normal there in Arizona. Things are pretty normal here in Ecuador too. Just being a missionary all day er'ry day. 
 
This week was another good week. We saw even more miracles this week. We had 5 more baptisms!! Whoo!! I'll send the pictures home. One was Gabriela, a girl that was supposed to get baptized with her siblings last week but wasn't able too. So she got baptized this week! Her dad was a less active member who really had his heart touched. He is coming back to church and has the goal to get sealed as a family in the temple. They are soo awesome! And hopefully he and his wife will get married this week so that she can get baptized too!

Then we also had the nephews of one of the members in our ward. We are trying to help their families come to church and get baptized as well. Hopefully we can help them all out. 

I've really been thinking a lot about that lately. There are a lot of people willing to come unto Christ here, but I really just want families. A dad and a mom and kids that can progress and get sealed in the temple. I'm really going to make an effort to find and focus on helping families come unto Christ.
 
Quick story about that.
One of my companions from early in the mission, Elder Bloxham, a couple weeks ago wrote me. He is now studying in BYU, but he told me everything was going well. He also told me about a family we were able to find when we were in Esmeraldas. We were out late one night with nothing to do so we decided to go contacting. We knocked on a door and found a family. The husband's name is Carlos and he was a less active member who had gotten baptized when he was 8 and pretty much never went since then. His wife is Sabrina. And when my companion wrote me about a month ago he sent me some pictures of them in front of the temple dressed in white, about to be sealed as a family for all eternity. That was something that really made me feel amazing. It made me really realize that the goal isn't just that we can help people get baptized, but that they can become converted and make it to the temple to become sealed as a family for all eternity.

Life is good here. Time has flown by. I have a lot of pictures to send. I'll try and send as many as I can. And I have only gotten the Christmas package from Grandma and Grandpa. Maybe the other ones got lost. Or they'll get here eventually. It's probably safer not send more packages. And I'm okay here. Don't worry about me. I love you all soo much!!!

Con Amor,
 
Elder Joshua Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment