Thursday, August 2, 2012

Peru Week 4

Dear Fam and Friends,

I have learned so much more how to use my time wisely and work harder in just 7 weeks on the mission. It's crazy how fast time flies. I feel like I just got here and when I think that I'm already almost 1/12th of the way done with my mission it's a little scary. I feel like I can be a little more dilligent in my work, because this is the only time in my life where I can have an experience like this and it is probably the only time where I can serve the Lord with every waking moment; I don't want to waste any of it and look back and regret anything.  I haven't even really been able to teach anyone yet, and yet I am still loving being here. Learning about this Gospel has made me soo much happier and I can't wait to share it with others. I won't lie, it is hard and it takes a lot of work (It's really hard not being able to speak the language or understand anyone very well) but it is so worth it.
So a little bit about how things are here. I have new companions now because all the Latinos left after three weeks and there are new gringos here too. Since I am now in a Latino district my companion in class is Elder Rodriguez. He looks like he's asain. The Hermanas in our district keep telling me to switch name tags with him so he will be Elder Lee haha. He's a great guy though. And my companion outside of class is Elder Mossmon. He's a gringo from Utah. I will have to opportunity to teach with him when we go proselyting outside the MTC. That is going to be an adventure because I still can't understand very much Spanish and he has only been in the MTC for 4 weeks so he knows even less than I do. I'll make sure to let you know how it goes next week haha. But besides that everything is pretty much the same here. I'm getting a little tired and restless of being in the MTC. I want to be out in the field already teaching people! But I know I need to be here to learn more Spanish and to learn how to teach people better. Only two more weeks! And I'll hopefully start to have cooler stories for all of you in three weeks.

Thanks so much for the letters from everyone! I'm going to try and send all of you letters back as soon as I can. It means a lot to me to hear how things are going back in the good old USA and I love sharing how things are going here with all of you. Thanks also to my homeboy Sage for the letter! Glad you finally got a date bro! I'll definitely send you back a letter soon, but thanks for letting me know what's up. You'll get a letter soon. And make sure to send me a letter before you head out.

Love you all soo much! Thanks so much for all the letters and all the prayers. They have meant a ton to me and they have helped me so much. Once again, I'm so excited to be here and so happy to be serving the Lord. I know this is what I'm supposed to be doing right now and I can't wait to start teaching people. And sorry I don't have any pictures now, but I will send some next week for sure. Love you all!

Con amor,
Elder Joshua Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment