Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Volcanic Eruption

Dear Mom,
 
I'm glad you guys had a great summer break! it scares me how fast the summer went by. I feel like yesterday your summer started and now the kids are already going back to school. time is going by too fast. I don't like it haha. but I guess that's how it is. 
 
So I had a pretty good week. In missionary work it was pretty tough. We didn't have anyone come to church this week. But that's how it is sometimes. My comp and I feel like we are working hard so hopefully things get better this week. We did get to do some cool things though.
 
So first off, close by this city Ambato there is an active volcano called Tungurahua. And Sunday morning it erupted. It's a ways away so we are pretty safe. But all day Sunday there was ash like falling from the sky in the city. Way cool and way intense! But I'm okay mom so don't worry!!! :)) we are at least an hour and a half in bus away from the volcano so it wont hurt us haha.
 
Then today, we went to this place called Baños which is like at the foot of the volcano. Its a total tourist place. There are like a ton of sweet waterfalls and other cool stuff there. I took a ton of pictures so I am going to send as many as I can, but I'm not sure how many I'll be able too! 

Umm soo because of our trip to Baños I don't have a lot of time to write today. Sorry for the lame letter this week. I'll send more next week for sure! Enjoy the letters and I love you all soooooo muich!!!!

Love,
 
Elder Joshy LEEEEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment