Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ambato!



Hey Mom!

Wassup! SO it's great to hear that the family is doing well. I'm glad you all had a great time up in Utah. Utah is pretty cool. And it's probably a nice break from the heat. Dad told me its like 110 degrees in Arizona. Yikes!! Sorry about that. I haven't felt heat like that in a long long time. And that is insane that they already are going back to school in like 2 weeks. Wow. I feel like their summer just barely started. Time really just flies by. Wow.
 
Well, I'm doing well here in Ambato! To answer some of your questions, Ambato is like 2 and a half hours from Quito so it's not too far. And it's really similar to Quito. It's still high up in the mountains and the weather is similar to Quito. There are times when the sun is out and it's really sunny and then like 10 minutes later it's raining again. But I like it. The city is a lot cleaner here too. There are a lot more trashcans outside and the people take more care of the city here which is nice. My sector is like part in the city and then part like a little outside of the city. So I got a little of both here. And the people seem a little more open and receptive here than in Quito. When we are contacting there are more people that are receptive to our message. 

And talking about that, we had like an amazing experience this last week. So there was this family of Colombians we had contacted and set up an appointment to go back and teach them. So we went back and were able to teach the mom, two kids and her niece and we had a great lesson with them and they wanted us to come back and teach them really soon. So we were able to teach them 2 times this last week, gave them a Book of Mormon Saturday night and we invited them to church on Sunday. They said they were going to come and so we were waiting for them at church. Church starts at 9:00 and we were waiting since like 8:45. and then 8:50, then 8:55, then 9:00 and they still hadn't shown up. We got scared that they weren't going to come, but they finally got there at like 9:15 and just in time for the sacrament. And this last week was Fast and Testimony meeting. so as we were sitting and listening to the testimonies the 11 year old kid named Julian turned to me and asked if he could go up and share his testimony. I was a little scared about what he would say but I told him he could and gave him an example of what he could say, like that God is our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ is our Savior and some simple stuff like that. So he went up and started to give his testimony and it was the most powerful testimony that I have ever heard in my life. He got up and gave thanks that we (the missionaries) had showed up at their house and started teaching them with the Bible. Then he said. "I am also grateful for the Book of Mormon. I read a little bit last night and then I prayed to God and asked if it was true. And I know that the Book of Mormon is true." As he said those words the biggest smile ever came over my face. He kept going, "I prayed and asked if it was true and I felt this peaceful and happy feeling that told me it was true. And I know that everything the missionaries are teaching us is true." I looked at his mom as he said this and she was crying. It was the purist and most sincere testimony i have ever heard. And it came from an 11 year old boy. I was sooooo happy hearing this that I could barely contain it. We had only taught them twice and had given them a Book of Mormon the night before and he already knew it was true. It was honestly probably the greatest experience I have had on my mission. It came completely by surprise but was soo amazing. I love this family soo much!
 
So that's my cool story for the week. We are going to keep visiting this family and do everything we can to help them keep progressing. Colombians are awesome!!! haha.So to just finish up today a 15 year old girl cut my hair. That was weird. And she already has like her license to cut hair and everything. But it was still weird. I have a hard time trusting my hair to the people that cut it here. But just a few more hair cuts in Ecuador and I'll be able to get it cut at Sportclips again haha. 

Well that's about it for this week. Any more questions?? I love you all sooooo much!!! Hope you all finish up the summer well and get studying again. Ecuador is amazing and the mission is even better!!!!!!!!111 Whoo!!!!!!!!!!!1

Les amo,
 
Elder Joshy LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment