Monday, July 1, 2013

A Transfer and a Zone Leader

Dear Fam and Friends,

Well mom, I'm glad to hear that everything is going well. Sounds like dad will be a little lonely these next few weeks, but that's okay. He can get some good book reading done and science studying and all that good stuff haha. And dang it looks like Jacob did take a pretty bad spill on the four-wheeler. How  did he do it? Send me a pic of the four-wheeler if you can. did he like flip or what? I'm glad it sounds like he's alright. And Amanda and Jake are definitely going to have an awesome time at EFY this year. EFY really is tight. 

Ummm so the big news this week is that I got transfered. I didn't think I was going to have transfers because my companion is going home tomorrow, but President Ghent decided to take the both of us out and put new missionaries there. I got sent to another city in Ecuador called Ambato. I've only been here for a few hours so I don't know how its gonna be, but I like it here. It's a lot cleaner than Quito and it seems pretty chill here. I've heard good things about Ambato so I should like it here. And they also bumped me up to a zone leader too. That part is pretty intense. I'm in a zone with 26 missionaries now and my companion and I have to take care of all of them. It'll be an adventure, but I'm excited to get started. And my companion is pretty tight. I finally have another gringo companion. His name is Elder Rogers and he's from Utah like the rest of the gringos, but he's pretty tight. 

So yeah that's what's up with me. Im pretty glad to have left Quito because I wanted to get to know more of Ecuador, but I'm sad to leave my old sector too. but that's life. It's gonna be a lot of fun here in Ambato for sure. One other funny/strange thing here is that I like carbonated water now. They drink a lot of it here and at first I hated it. I couldn't even finish it. But one family when I was in Atahualpa gave it to us like every day we visited them so I had to drink it. And now I love it!! Weird, but good! You all should try carbonated water sometime. It's pretty good. 

Hope everyone is still doing well! Enjoy the pics! They are of some shrimp that this family gave us that was deliciousssssssssss. but they cooked it with the shell and legs and everything and I ate it like that too. but it was way delishhhhhhhh. Yeah so talk to you next week!!!!!!! Love ya!!!!!!

Elder Joshy LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE}

No comments:

Post a Comment