Tuesday, July 23, 2013

An Amazing Week, Except for the Fleas and Having to Cut the Grass with Scissors!

Dear Fam and Friends,

It's great to hear how well everyone is doing! That's insane that they are already back in school. I can't believe it. The summer just flew by. Time goes soo fast out here. The kids are just growing up soo fast. They can't do that. Amanda shouldn't be driving yet and Jacob shouldn't be in high school and Ben shouldn't be starting school. I just can't picture them that big. Wow it's crazy how time flies!

So this week was absolutely.........AMAZING!!!  My companion and I had an outstanding week. The Lord really blessed us soo much. We started out the week with just about nothing. We had one family we were teaching but they were the only investigators we had. And my companion and I don't know where the members houses are in our sector so we decided to just contact. So we did. We went knocking on doors and there was just a magic in it this week. It seemed that behind almost every door we knocked on someone was ready to hear the Gospel. We just found more and more people every day. And one Wednesday we found a family that is just awesome. They are the Cobos Taco Family. Kind of some weird last names, but they are amazing! We found them because we went to an appointment that fell through so we decided to contact behind the house and the second door we contacted was this family. They accepted a date right away to get baptized on the 3rd of August and they came to church and loved it! 

So talking about church, we had a lot better week this week at church. We had 6 investigators come to church this week. It wasn't all of the people that we wanted to come to church, but it is an amazing number so I'm not complaining. And even with all of these blessings from the Lord, he decided to bless us even more after church on Sunday. We had a little extra time in the afternoon where we didn't have an appointment so we decided to contact. And a guy came out from the first door we knocked on and let us in to share a message with his family and they all accepted a date to get baptized on the 17th of August. I just can't believe all the blessings and miracles we've seen this week. We have been working hard and the blessings have come because of it. It was just the most amazing week! I am soo incredible happy right now. being a missionary is pretty cool haha.

Umm so with the great week, there were a couple not so great parts. Like the part where the landlady of our house came by to inspect it. We had cleaned it up a ton, and my companion and I thought it was really clean, but she thought it was like the dirtiest house ever. So she complained about it and had us clean it for about 3 hours. We even had to cut the grass in the front yard with scissors. I've never done anything like that before. But it was kinda fun haha. And the landlady was pretty cool so we made it through alright. Oh and the other thing that wasn't so good was that for the first time in my mission and my life I got fleas. There were fleas in my bed and my companions bed and they bit us every night. We itched all over. My companion says that he's had fleas in like half of his houses here in Ecuador but it was my first time. So we bought some bug spray and sprayed everything down and now there aren't fleas anymore. So it's okay now. 

That's about it. I just love being here so much. I really know that my Heavenly Father lives and loves us soo much. It was the best week ever and my companion and I plan on having a week even better. The mission is amazing!!! love you all and hope you all are doing well!

Love,

Elder Joshua LEE

No comments:

Post a Comment